Wednesday, February 29, 2012

To my inspiration:

I met a politician, charismatic to a 't'
I remember our meeting, what a mistake it would be
I said "Hello Mr. Politician", as we shook hands
From that meeting, I thought you were an upstanding man
You had a knife in the left, so you shook with your right
Your speech as contrasting as the day and the night
You stepped up to the podium to make your speech
And won over your audience, no one could compete
You campaigned for two parties, the naive and the blind
You kept your campaigning secret, I would soon come to find
I said "Mr. Politician, which party are you loyal"
You said "You, my patriot, the other's a decoy so..."
You said "I'm not committed to the other party, we have no future",
Sounded like dishonesty
Your audience would roar with applause and cheers
Knowing inside you were deceiving their ears
But I would forgive you, Mr. Politician, for your faults
Though your pitch for my trust would become for naught
You start your days with a plan to remain amiss
And end your nights with the kiss of Judas
And here I stand, feeling like a fool
No one to blame but me, your muse, your tool
I turned on my radio, only to hear 'Rolling in the Deep', punctuated with my tear
"We could've had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hands
But you played it, played it, played it, played it to the beat"
So Mr. Politician, I assure you
I won't tell the other party about the other you
So I'll kindly retract the ballot I casted
And pray for your heart, that you'll  unmask it








1 comment:

Alysia Michele said...

Girl, that was on point...will be reposting....